Monday, December 03, 2007

in this moment

What to wear today

who will I see

the mad dance continues

to be who they say to be

within a heart beats

within a desire lies

is breaking a relief

or will more pain be found

beneath the broken shell of life

who is this God

is heaven his home

and earth his toy chest

is there truly a plan

am i enough

will you really work

is my labor in vain

do you know this heart

the clock demands

but my soul longs

peace is a short song

the rhythm sweet

the notes fade fast

love is illusive

do it right

don't relax

i wish .......

but then stop

if only ......

but it will never be

Is breaking a relief

i find more lack

I fail again

skinned knee

bruised pride

no prize here

could you truly love this?

What do you see that I can't

if you are

then be

if you can

then do

3 comments:

Heather said...

Did you write this????

Heather said...

You are such an amazing person. So artistic. What beautiful writing! It was great being able to stay at your home and get a glimpse of your wonderful personality. I love the scriptures scattered throughout your space and the daily reminders that God is with you!

We are doing great. We are anxious to see you at Christmas:) Of course, your dad has already been bragging to the congregation that his girls will all be home for Christmas. He is so proud of all of you....as he should be. Be safe while traveling and make some time to chat w/ us:) Maybe we can grab a cup of coffee while you're here...mmmm..yummy!!!

Much love and blessings to you!!

Please tell Monica 'Merry Christmas' for us:)

Molly Overstreet said...

I love the line...
"peace is a short song"
I like how this poem seques into the Rest Project. You poet :)