Saturday, November 14, 2009

Why

There is something so pounding about such a simple word. Three letters that demand so much more then a simple response. This year has consisted of moments in which I have pondered the answer to this word. I have paced before the throne longing for more to go on then the peace in my heart. Longing for reasoning and logic to be appeased. Today is one of those moments. And as I ponder I am faced with the answer of release. Let Go, walk away from the why and face today. Raise my head from the place where I dwell, walk away from the mountain that I know so well, and leave "why" unanswered. The grace to walk and live is always there if I will only release my demand for an answer.
A good friend reminded me yesterday that as colossians 1:13-14 says, we are rescued from the kingdom of darkness not because of what we had done but as a gift to be given. And for this gift there is no why other then love. No deeper reasoning other then to hand humanity a second chance at perfect relationship with God.
The "why" was never mine. The answer never mine to hold. But this peace is all mine.



1 comment:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.