Saturday, January 16, 2010

A face of Haiti


We help sponsor a little boy from Haiti named Daveson. After the earthquake the orphanage he lives in is still standing. It is damaged but standing, the orphanage is currently operating from under a tarp in order to avoid more damage from after shocks. A few days before the earthquake OLTCH (the orphanage) recieved a hug shipment of food from a church in Florida.
I am amazed lately by how in moments life can be gripped so tightly by sorrow and grief. How a week can change a country and the way the world views them. Yet in the midst of grief this God we serve goes ahead and provides food for a small group of children.
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Please go to the website listed below and see these kids and praise our God for his faithfulness which never changes.

http://operationlovethechildrenofhaiti.org/




Let my ruins become the ground you build upon
Let my ruins become the start
Let my ruins become the ground you build it on
From what’s left of my broken heart

This is my holy hour, this is my world on fire
This is my desperate play, this is where I am made
This is my kingdom come, this is my freedom song
This is my helpless state, this is where I am saved
-"Ruins"
Bebo Norman

No comments: