Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Arrival

It started sometime in April, I was praying through the burden on my heart to be a mom, Ryan was not sure we were ready and I was asking for patience. That is when I felt that I was pregnant, I remember the thought running through my brain and immediately I knew it was true. However I brushed it off as just my imagination. Then came the bike ride where the road spun in front of me and I had to keep pulling over because I was so queasy. I proposed the idea to Ryan that I might me pregnant, he was insistent that I just had a "bug".
Now months later that little bug has changed our lives forever. Sierra Lucille was born on the 29th of December at 8:06pm, she weighed 6lbs 5oz. All my plans for what type of labor and delivery I wanted fell apart in the 12 hours before Sierra was born. But God directed the story of her birth, just like he directed the timing of my pregnancy. Half way through labor I became a bystander, all of my plans had failed so now I was just waiting and following directions of the nurse and my midwife.
It is amazing how God knows, he knows when we are ready for things that seem much to scary for us. He know what we can handle and what we can't and he has impeccable timing. The faithfulness of God is constant, every now and then we stop to recognize it, but He is always faithful.
I am so excited for this journey! I remember that feeling as a kid before vacation, when my stomach would flutter and everything seemed like a grand adventure. Holding Sierra gives me that feeling, like a story is about to unfold and I get to be apart of it, I get to play a role in the story God has written for this little girl. I have the privilege of loving her and watching others enjoy her, watching her grandparents and Aunts and Uncles dote on her. I love the joy she brings them.

Some one e-mailed me this picture when I was entering my third trimester, with the attached quote,
"A grand adventure is about to begin." -Winnie the Pooh

No comments: