Sunday, August 13, 2006

hands in pockets

head down

eyes that will never meet yours

a face in the crowd

an existence no one notices

a cry no one hears

perciousness traded for trash

hate found when love is sought

a moment slips

anything to stop the ache

anything to feel alive

a breath is breathed

another one will never be taken

a tradgic tale some say

too much pain in this world

where was the government

If only we had a program

discussion continues

the door stays closed

energy and time is lost

broken jewels

dusty treasures

heaven pleads

see them

love them

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-Girl!! Just found your blog!
David

Jeff Jacobson said...

Alissa, the poem is kind of sad

Alissa said...

I was listening to Ben Harper, drinking coffee, and started writing. It is kinda sad though. I almost started crying when I wrote it.