Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The moment

why do days not come with titles... labels which tell you that today will be the last day you ever drive a certain road. Or talk with a dear friend.
I wish I remembered that moment when who I had been met who I am to be. The awkward exchange of glances one coming with promises and one leaving memories. One slipping quietly out while another comes shouting in. I am not yet sure of all that I will be but yet I find myself longing to announce to the world that I exist.
Tomorrow the little man on my cell phone will tell me it is time to wake up long before my brain agrees.
I went to church a few nights ago and was amazed by God's Holiness. After Christ died the curtain to the Holy of Holies was ripped and the very holiness of God was allowed to flow out among his people. It resides in our midst, touches the clean and the dirty, and so often I take it for granted.
I wonder at the sound the curtain made. the great ripping of thick fabric. Fibres being pulled apart as that which had been contained, burst free. What a miraculous moment! But then what a glorious king.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear friend... the poetry of your thoughts is a joy to read, and it causes me to stop and think. Life is life because of its beauty and mystery--and yet both are surpassed by the holiness of One who could do such a fairy-tale thing like love us so deeply that he would sacrifice Life itself. Oh... that we could fathom all that he did for us so that the praise coming from our lips never ceased...
monika

Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Beautiful, my friend...HE IS BEAUTIFUL!