Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Broken

A list of "to do's" lies a breath away from my hand, but for this moment they will not be done. My heart is heavy in this moment. Friends we live in a world surrounded by broken people. I spent the last 30 minutes listening to a soon to be divorced woman ache for her family. My sister's closest friend made a decision today that will take a life, medically it seems right, but life is life. In this world of broken shards there is only one true source of comfort, one El Shaiddia.
This post has no real purpose accept for a desire for you to pray.
Pray for the people your life touches daily. Pray not for your actions to change, but rather for Christ to be seen. I see so many believers lately frustrated with what they are not. Friends we were never meant to be the ones that astound the world. I know we know this, but I pray we KNOW this. I pray we feel less frustration with our failures and more awe at his love in spite of us. How great is this God we serve!
My prayer for you and myself is that we would raise are eyes from ourselves, and the lack that we hold, and be instead awed with his incredible boundless supply of grace and holiness. There are broken people all around us, and they need to see our God and not our frustration with our Christian life experience. C.S. Lewis commented that so many believers are content with making mud pies, when Christ offers a feast. Feast friends it is his greatness that saves.

Titus 3:3
"At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. "

3 comments:

Kristine Brown said...

Heck yes. Dear friend, you are a lark to me. I'll explain what that means in greater detail when I call you on the phone tomorrow. Yes, I'm calling you on the phone tomorrow. : )

LnF said...

thanks i really enjoyed your thoughts. but once again i find myself in that place where blogging is so much easier than life. as much as it is not us, who are responsible to "astound" and change the world, we are responsible to be stewards of the moments and oppertunities and relationships he places before us. and while it is true that we must rise above frustration, i cannot help but feel regret for all the oppertunities i have allowed to slip through my fingers in the past. but i suppose the hope for the future lies in our ability rest in his strength in our present weakness. if that makes any sense

Caroline said...

Thanks for the encouragement friend! It's hard not to get discouraged by ourselves and the brokeness around us... thank goodness God works through broken, weak vessels. I read a book called 'We Would See Jesus' by Charles Hession not to long ago, and the title just kept going through my head as I read your post... we would see Jesus! What a blessed thing! :)