I have Sundays off, a fact I love on many levels. It is a day of re-focusing. A day with no daily specials to reiterate, no vendors to be frustrated with, no line of customers, and no titles. It is a day when I become "the pre-K Sunday school teacher", a day when my planner is blank, and a day when my coffee pot is often full. I needed today, because spirituality and truth are two completely different issues.
I love relating to people. Swamping stories of similar experiences and laughing at lessons learned the hard way. But when it comes to spirituality and truth, they are not he same. Spirituality is talked about with soft words and flowing poems, it has velvet hands that stroke an ego and tell you the universe is yours for the taking.
Truth is a person, the person of Christ. It is easy for me to connect with a spiritual person and often with the connection I can begin to convince myself that we are on the same page, just labeling things differently. when in reality, we are reading different books.
There is life and then there is existence. One tries to understands its place in the universe the other tries to grasp the God of such a universe.
I place truth aside so often, because it is not in season, it will not be recognized and applauded. But it is the only thing of true value in this world.
A reminder friends that was given me today, walk in truth. It is not a comfortable path, but it will make all the difference. Walk in a manner worthy of the call you have recieved.
There is light and there is darkness. There is no politically correct version of truth, that substitutes names and ommits controversial phrases, there is truth. Truth turned tables in the temple, and touched the social outcasts. Live this way, so the world will know Truth.
As for the lamas, I knew it was the question on every one's lips. So yes they do, yes it is true great lamas have fleas.
1 comment:
I love being a llama with fleas ... just kidding. : )
Friend, your thoughts are both as smooth as velvet and as convicting as fire. I'm glad our God uses you as a mouthpiece. I send you my love (and I will send you my address).
Post a Comment