Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Photos of this thing called love.....



"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are
loved---loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." Victor Hugo



"To love is to be vulnerable." C.S. Lewis

"there is no surprise more magical than the surprise of
being Loved. it is the finger of God on a man's

shoulder"- Charles Morgan


My amazing roommate, Monika Grefe, took our engagement photos.

I've thought often that I should blog about love and what it is like, but how do you describe something so beautiful and yet such a journey. Learning to place my independence aside in order to walk more closely with a man. Learning that love is not always as beautiful as you dream.
It is like being placed on a burner and watching all your selfish qualities rise to the top and yet finding a deeper view of grace in that same moment of brokenness. In complete lack I find complete fulfillment in grace.
I am finding wings in Ryan's view of me. I am seeing Christ in a way I never understood before. And I know that this is of so much value...this journey is a process of such great worth it takes my breath away.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Spoken beautifully.

I'm so happy for you.


Love you!

Kristine Brown said...

I love your love of love... and quotes. : )

You are a dear friend -- you are a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,

Congrats to you and Ryan on this joyous announcement. Came here through Heather's blog - showed Daniel and he was just saying last night that he remembered the tall, awkward Alyssa that wiped out on her roller blades right by our house.

You have turned into a beautiful young lady and have a man that looks to be enthralled with you. Our blessings on the both of you and your new life together.

When is the blessed date?

Daniel and Lori Bonnell