Monday, April 16, 2007

Drops of mercy are not strained....


This is a very random posting of varies degrees of thoughts and lack of thoughts.


The last few weeks have passed by in an amazing train of blessings. I went to see the merchant of Venice with my sister.



It was beautiful. Shakespeare had a way of clothing the impact of his words in layers(like an onion or a parfait;).



Every play I see of his I love more then the one before. Merchant is my current favorite.


Speaking of current favorites, I have a new favorite muffin. It is spring and I am changing my baking menu for the shop.


My new favorite is a morning glory muffin. It is chocked full of amazing things, carrots, coconut, apples, pecans, raisins, cinnamon, and I always add whole wheat flour as well.


I am graduating in a month and then all I have left is my Senior thesis, which I am not completely excited about, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. An exciting note is my dad is graduating with his masters on the same day and is going to hand me, my diploma.

We are having our graduation party together. He wants oreos and milk, should be an interesting party.
To cease in the midst of the mundane and be swept into something greater.

I got this picture off of BBC. It is a reminder, there are so many amazing things in our world that we take little notice of. In my haste to be busy I often forget to stop and notice the small things that are taking place. God's faithfulness covers every area of my day, his love is infused in the quiet and noisy moments, but I often fail to notice until something rocks my boat. Then I cling to him and wonder how I could have forgotten how wonderful it is to experience his love.

I spent some time downtown last night with a friend. He heads up the skateboard side of an inner city ministry. I had forgotten how heart breaking the inner city is, it seems at times that hopelessness and hope are in battles all around. The rights activists and the drug dealer live on the same street. One selling an escape, another preaching a cause. The cultures are different from house to house but the ache is the same. My friend lives in a Christian community house, the whole neighborhood knows why they are there. To be a light... To seek the peace of those they share the block with.

"love never fails"-my friend said as I was getting ready to drive away to my comfy suburban apartment.

We talked about Enoch at church earlier in the night. All that is said is "he walked with God"- but the meaning has so much more significance. The pastor pointed out that when you walk with some one you are aware of their presence, aware of their steps and direction, and you spend time talking with them. Enoch "walked with God"- means enoch had a purpose higher then himself. It means he rose above the cursed ground and found joy in original communion with God. Our dishwasher at work told me that "all of life is just trying to waste time". Yet Christ said "I have come to give abundant life".

There is much unknown in this world. There are wars which make little sense. Crimes which make even less sense. Children who have seen and suffered through things no one should ever be faced with. I would be a fool to say I understand the details of this world, but "...I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." 2 timothy 2:12B

No comments: