An evolutionist theory I heard about on the radio, caused me to pause and wonder.
It is the proposed idea that evolution is not a process of survival of the fittest but rather a joining and reshaping of organism (living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently) . What we think of as an individual human is really, in their theory, a collection of conjoined organisms. A sober thought void of creativity.
I sat in my car listening to two people explain this theory. Their voices somber as they outlined the details of how life began and became what we know it to be. my sister used to have a game in which you plaed a pen and it spun into circles that intersected and formed larger shapes. I pictured humans in this way as merely an intersection of separate beings. A traffic jam of organisms.
How does a culture function in love with this belief hoisted on their shoulders? why show kindness to a neighbor if he is merely a collection of organism? How does a rational educated human being come to this conclusion with confidence to share their belief with others?
1 comment:
Hi Alissa,
Love the blog! You know the funny thing about your last line is....that's what they say about us. I really don't get it. Seems a Creator makes a ton more sense.
Hope all is well with you and you can make it home soon for a visit. OR..maybe we'll just come to YOU:)
Blessings and Hugs!!!!
Post a Comment