
I don't know how they do it... I don't know how people exist without knowing Christ. It sounds like a Christian clique, and I have a strong aversion to those, but it is true. I just can't imagine not having his hand to cling to when all else seems so surreal. I can't imagine not having his arms to collaspe into when I can't take this life anymore.
I have friends that listen and care, but they can not offer peace. Only Christ can.
I work daily around people who claim no religious view and thus claim all of them in one all encompassing goulash of sorts. I love these people, but what they have is not true peace or joy.
So many things come daily clothed in comfort and peace, but there is always a darker side to what they offer.
It is a quick comfort that fades fast, a short lived love that leaves a heart broken. A skim milk latte who's froth looks pretty but is composed of mainly air that will disintegrate quick.
There is worth beyond value in this faith. Life labels it cheap and weak. It is my life though.
This absurd faith is the only thing I have found of any comfort and value.
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
1 comment:
I really appreciate that depth to your thoughts - I definately often wonder the same thing - this hope we have is so amazing. How people can live without it is something I'll never understand - so something to pray about though. Anyways take care! Hope you're well.
Post a Comment