
Soft flakes that grace your cheek and redden your nose. It is too early in the year for them to stay long, but they come for a visit and bring a smile.
Each one is different, each one unique.
They catch in my hair and rest on my sweater. For a moment they are soft and white.
There is something magical in their tiny existence. Something that always makes me smile.
Makes me long for hot chocolate, a thick book, and no due dates. A crackling fire and Norah Jones singing gently.
Midterms call and papers don't write themselves.
But in these tiny snowflakes, I am reminded to enjoy the daily miracles.
Today the first snow flakes fell!
1 comment:
The day after you posted this, the first snowflakes fell in Edmonton as well. As I was waiting at the bus stop I kept thinking back on your last line - today the first snowflakes fell- it made the day seem so magical.
You have an incredible way with words!!
Jocelyn
Post a Comment