
This is a picture my lovely roomie took at a college literary night. Can you tell we are serious about our work? Maybe this should go on the college brochures,
"Look how much fun Bible college is..." or maybe not. :)
I have been so blessed by this class, and I should sleep so I am prepared for it tomorrow.
I served a party last night with live music, two guys and two guitars. They did some great stuff. They played some U2 and then blackbird by the Beatles. I almost dropped the beer I was serving I was so excited. It was just a long, but fun night.
I've been thinking lately about the "I deserve" syndrome that seems to be affecting every one, including me. Why is it we think we "deserve" things. I wonder how I came to treat grace so lightly and blessings so begrudgingly. I wonder how my attitude would change if by the grace of God I began to realize I "deserve" nothing. That everything is a blessing and that pain is simply something that draws me to weep in Christ's arms. I would love for God to do this work in my heart, but in his time. He is much more steady and consistent then I have ever been.
It is a tantalizing thought as I sit here in the library the clock cruelly stealing my sleeping moments away.
I would love others thoughts on this, why is it that we let society hand us a basket of needs when Christ offers sufficiency.
Have a lovely night all, and seek to see blessings in all.
"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
2 comments:
Grace is an amazing thing isn't it?!? On a completely different topic... I can't believe how long your hair is! Looks good :) Have a Merry Christmas, friend! I still have my snowman!! :)
I enjoy your thoughts, Friend. The same thoughts have often dwelt in my mind. I so wish I had all the answers and I wish I could say that I don't think I deserve anything. However, I cannot hide from my own selfish nature. In reality, I think I deserve a whole lot for what I've been through. But that which I have been through does not even begin to compare to the horrors that so many others have suffered. I long to say and believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that Christ is sufficient. But that shadow still haunts me no matter how badly I want to say, "He's my everything." Sadly, I think that shadow will always linger on this side of Heaven. But take heart, Beloved. That hope awaits us all . . .
Post a Comment