I walked with confidence in my search for it.
I strode with pride
I found the tattered strings
I wondered at the whole
I saw its truth in someone’s eyes
They spoke of pain
They spoke of failure
I shook my head
I walked away
In the night you came.
To a restless soul
Unaware of its own wanderings
You awoke me with truth
Jarius’ daughter brought to life through her death
You are infinity
You have no form
You took my hand
You showed me my past.
Wounds never healed
Truth pushed aside
Pain I promised to never see
What is this thing called Grace
I touched it when my face was hidden in a pillow
I felt it stream from my eyes
My prayers went unheard
Value lost
Truth dark
My perfectly arranged life tumbled
The tower of babble collapsed into rubble
The door to heaven seemed closed
I found this thing called grace
It lay in the dust were I fell
I found it damp with tears
What is this thing called Grace?
I found it among the pieces of what was
In my grief of what would no longer be
No comments:
Post a Comment