
I have things I should be doing...
I need to be at work in about 45 minutes.
I saw a staged reading of a play yesterday on the genocide in Darfur, Sudan.
I kept thinking the whole way through "Father forgive us we know not what we do".
When did human life become statistics?
When did something as horrifying as 400,000 dead create a story too insignificant to be placed on the front page of a newspaper.
I get so caught up in my life, my worries, my pain.
How does my mind process so much ugliness that exists within this world, and yet I know the same exist in my heart.
They are not simply numbers or insignificant news stories, they are people and Christ aches for them.
I needed to be reminded to lift up my eyes from me...
"strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearfulk hearts, 'be strong and do not fear; your God will come'. "Isaiah 35:3-4a
2 comments:
Hmm, thanks for the thoughts. It is really sad how apathetic we can be to the horrors of the world. If it isn't in our bubble, it's like we don't think it affects us. But it does. we must have faith in CHrist, but faith requires action.
If you say "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled" and yet you do not give them what is necessry for their body, what use is that?" james 2:16
i really appreciate you and your thougths, peace and love savannah
Alissa! I just found your bog... and it reminds me of all the letters I should have written:(... and all the great times vacumming the main hall:D...
it is good to once again hear your words of wisdom. I will check in from time to time.
i really appreciate your thoughts and heart. i have since day one. loves and a grand day be yours as your trust in Him.
Post a Comment