Thursday, January 18, 2007

Journeys of Life

"Sometimes this life seems out of control", Said the young man in the suit with the briefcase.
"Sometimes we let this life consume us", the old man responded sitting on a park bench reading a newspaper, as the young man in the suit with the briefcase walked by.
"Sometimes we can't remember when we were given a chance to think about this life." Said the young pregnant woman with tears running down her cheeks as she stood up and walked away from the old man sitting on the park bench reading a newspaper.
"Sometimes life is not fair but God always gives us blessings" said the middle age man running by with a smile, when he passed the young pregnant woman with tears running down her cheeks.


----so that is a random piece, but I have been thinking alot about how every one views life in different ways. Depending on the day we either love it or hate it.
How little we see things. There is a bigger picture, there is a greater cause.
Sometimes I hold my miniscule pieces of the puzzle and am furious that I can not see the whole.
God is faithful..............He is the whole.

For those we do not know my Brother-in-law is in the midst of some troubles with the law. He made some unwise choices a few monthes ago and it led to some drastic changes in him and my sister's life.

I spent yesterday in a court room watching the daily routine of peoples life get changed by a man in a black robe.

I was reminded this world is fallen,
I know God is good.

We are messy people, yet this God is good.


I was listening to talk radio this morning on my way to my apartment from the gym, a lady was trying to find moral boundaries apart from Christ.
She kept saying "well there has to be some reason it is wrong doesn't there. Something just says that it is wrong. Doesn't it."

I am so thankful that I have this faith in my life. Yet I ache that others don't ...

"there is a hope so sure a promise so secure......"

3 comments:

Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Oh what a wonderful reminder. Yes, how easy to forget that there is a bigger picture and a bigger purpose. Thank Him that He works all the things for the best for those who love Him.

I miss you sister!
Antonia.

LnF said...

Hey yo,
Long time no chat! But i thought i'd check out your blog, and i'm glad i did. It's so crazy how some people choose to view life as only a series of suffering, when really it is so much more, and so beyond us. There is a plan, and He never said would we understand that plan, or that we would always be filled in on all the details, but only that we would trust HIm (despite our circumstances and our feelings). It's kinda like in Aladin at the beginning when Jasmin has run away and Aladin rescues her, and they have this conversation:
"ALADDIN: Do you trust me?
JASMINE: What?
ALADDIN: Do you trust me? (He extends his hand)
JASMINE: Yes. (She takes it.)
ALADDIN: Then jump!"
I dunno. It makes sense in my head:) All we got to do is trust, but trust always demands action. But really action should never be difficult because we know HIm, and HIs character, and there is no reason to doubt. peace dude and much love

Mark Boshier said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. Keep writing Alissa =-).