Wednesday, February 07, 2007

thoughts....

I never thought I would ever really touch on this topic. It is so controversial and right now every one seems to have an angry opinion of the situation.
To be honest I am not sure exactly where I stand on the War in Iraq. It is hard to find facts in the midst of so many heated opinions. It seems almost in Vogue to hate the president and all he stands for right now.
I do not know if I fall on the right or the left. I can not say I am loyal to one party, but I hate watching the news because it breaks my heart for both sides.
I am reading "searching for God Knows what" by Donald Miller.
He touches on this issue and what he said struck a cord in my heart. It was what I was feeling but unsusre or afraid to express.
"......that doesn't mean we shouldn't mourn war anyway, that doesn't mean we shouldn't feel a grief at the terrible ways conglicts are negotiated in world absent God."

Every one has opinions right now. I can't see an easy answer to the problem, but it breaks my heart. Anger at the situation doesn't seem to be helping.


So this is more political then I have maybe ever been in my whole life, but this was on my heart to express.
"also seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you...."
Jeremiah 29:7

2 comments:

Kristine Brown said...

Amen ... I have often found that Donald Miller's words express the ideas and roots of conviction that I cannot express. Oswald Chambers once said that the best writers do not give you new ideas, but express the ones which you have been unable to give utterance .... or somehting like that. I'll find it for you --- I know how much you like quotes. But then again, you might have it already. : ) I, too, share your grief ... but complete justice is arriving. He is in the process of redeeming that which has fallen. We DO seek peace where we are put .... and we know that God is setting things right as we speak. Well, my dear friend ..... I feel like this has been an abnormally long comment .... but I just wanted you to know that I love you, and I love what God is doing in and through you. He is so evident. Carry on.
p.s. Yes, the hulk DOES wear a green helmet ... a big one. Especially when he does domestics. : )

Mark Boshier said...

I totally agree with you Alissa, it's hard to see a way forward with the whole thing.I've met people that have served out there and they can't even bring themselves to talk about it.