Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Conversations


I had a unique table of two last night, they were a kind older couple . I told them the specials and suggested wine, we chatted briefly about the warmer weather.
A table of ten walked in and I became busier.
Later when I returned to this table to refill wine, I was presented with a question.
"is America on its descent? Or Ascent? "
For a moment I was speechless. I was prepared to answer questions such as what was pancetta but this took me back for a moment.
My ability to speak seldom leaves me for long and soon I had found my tongue again.
This question was soon followed by a train of others, squeezed in between running food and drink refills, "How did you formulate these conclusions?"...
"in what ways does the Christian religion affect your life today?"....."have you read Leviticus?"..."What is your view on homosexuality?" ...."why?"
Needless to say it was not your typical table.
Christ is always faithful to provide words when needed and wisdom when I depend.
It was wonderful to be able to state that religion is one thing, But this faith in Christ as life is the base of and whole of my life.
They asked if they could come back with more questions.
It was an encouraging and challenging night.
"religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" James 1:27

1 comment:

Mark Boshier said...

God is Faithful. I love it when people ask questions like that, they can start some fascinating conversations.